For Laughter. For Encouragement. For Inspiration.

For Laughter. For Encouragement. For Inspiration.

18 June 2007

I was almost robbed the other day...

i just thank god for his abundant mercies...

several months ago, i saw on the news a new type of robbery that is spreading. it's where the thieves will drive up to cars as a person is pumping gas, open their car door, steal their belongings, and drive away...all unbeknownst to the person pumping gas. the woman interviewed said she didn't see anything happen and would have had no clue as to how her purse was stolen had it not been for the surveillance tape.

anyway, i locked my doors while i pumped gas most of the time before having seen this, but after this i ALWAYS locked my doors while pumping gas. and, i'm glad i did. i was at the pump, and yes, my purse was open and on the front seat. well, i just happened to look over at my passenger's window (it was at night...and my windows are tinted), and this guy was looking down at my purse, then he looked up at me looking at him, looked down at my purse again and just got in his car and slowly drove away.

initially, i was glaring at him, like "I SEE YOU FOOL!" and i watched him as he drove away. but then, i kind of shuddered because I could still see his eyes, and he could have had a gun and jacked me. plus, i shivered at the thought of "what if the baby was with me? (which he wasn't)"

well, the story continues...when i finished pumping my gas, i saw the car slowly drive out of the gas station and he was in front of me. so, i made a mental note of his license plates, but before i called 911, i wanted to be sure that was really him. so, i got in the lane next to him, and just sort of glanced at him so as to not arouse suspicion. he was on the phone, and looked over at me...and i knew those eyes. so, this idiot slowly pulls into another gas station to do it again! needless to say, i called 911 described his car, gave the plates, and told them what was up. they said they would send someone out, but i don't know what came of it.

life is so fleeting. this ending could have been so different...thank you lord!

No comments: