For Laughter. For Encouragement. For Inspiration.

For Laughter. For Encouragement. For Inspiration.

12 June 2007

I graduated 20 years ago!!

My classmates and I celebrate our 20 year reunion this year. It seems odd that I graduated from high school 20 years ago. It baffles me at times that I'm actually a "grown-up." :)
We had a nice "get-together" on Saturday. My friend Kenneth arranged it because he wanted something on the actual day, June 9th, that we graduated. Everyone who showed up, it seemed, went back into our high school mode of innocence before life got in the way. It was so refreshing to be around people who, as my friend Carla described it, just "got me."--no pretenses--no titles---no issues...just me. It was great! Lou (my hubby) told me he could tell we were in high school mode...just in observing me (hahahaha whatever that means???)

I could tell life had negatively affected some. But for that moment...in that place...at that time... we were in high school again.

It's funny that although we went to The High School for Health Professions, only a few of us actually pursued the medical field. One who did actually delivered my son. That was a continuous joke. hahaha (how could you let him SEE you???, that would be too weird hahahaha) But we all took it in fun. Everyone knew he was one of the smartest kids in our class, so I have no regrets. Plus he has good bedside manner and it was nice knowing your needs would TOTALLY be met because you knew the doctor. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi melanie - its nice to see your site. you all look great. i'd like to see some pictures from the reunion to see if i recognize anyone. im not into this whole electronic world because it gives me a headache, besides i have enough to try and keep up with real life. however this is intriguing to me....i would probably only post once and never get back to it. anywhay i'll enjoy reading about your life everyso often! maybe oneday ill succeed at getting rid of the minuscia in my life enough to go back to my journaling. anyway. i wish i could see you and spend some real time. if you're ever in this part of the country let me know. love ya always! neci