For Laughter. For Encouragement. For Inspiration.

For Laughter. For Encouragement. For Inspiration.

29 January 2014

Yep! They said that...at church!

I have decided that I want my boys to experience children's church AND worshiping with me.  So, I flip-flop Sundays.  Every other Sunday they worship in the sanctuary with me.  This past Sunday was our Sunday to worship together.  Even worship is never a dull moment with my boys...

Jacob (whispering in my ear): Mommy, that man in front of us has earrings on.

Hudson (who has not yet mastered the art of whispering) whips his head around to see the man directly in front of us...then points...then yells loudly:  MOMMY!  LOOK! THAT'S WHO JACOB IS TALKING ABOUT! THAT MAN HAS EARRINGS ON!

Me: Hud, remember on the shuttle bus over here when you said, "That man is too tall because his head hits the top of the bus," and I told you to remember you should whisper what you notice to me in case it hurts someone's feelings? (Hud nods) Well, you're not whispering.

Hud (still loudly while our pastor has now begun to pray): But, Mommy! Why does he have on earrings like a girl! Why do men wear girl clothes?"

(At this point, I'm expecting the entire church to answer his question because he's the only who could be heard as we have begun to pray.)

Before I could tell him, wait a moment because we're praying, Hud shouts an observation he obviously missed the entire hour we've been sitting there about the woman with the bright red tuft of hair next to the man with the earrings...

Hud:  AND LOOK AT HER, MOMMY. WHY DOES SHE HAVE RED IN HER HAIR?  WHY DID SHE DO THAT?

sigh....




No comments: