For Laughter. For Encouragement. For Inspiration.

For Laughter. For Encouragement. For Inspiration.

22 January 2014

Having All You Need

What do you see in this picture? A stick and a few toys? Look closer...do you see it? Believe it or not this is a magnificent story of robots, daredevil planes, fighting ninjas, and a daring rescue.

But, it was laid to rest for a moment while my boys took their bath.

I took a picture of this because I heard the vivid story come to life while I was cleaning the kitchen after dinner.  And, once the boys had gone to take their bath, I was shocked by how few items they had used to create such a vivid, imaginative, and daring tale.

Five little items.

I then thought of my big goals for this year.  I mean they are HUGE!!! Only two goals, but each will stretch me to limits I never thought imaginable.

Staring at my sons' toys I thought about how ill-equipped I initially felt aiming for such high goals, but God showed me through His word how others (in faith) simply began with what they had, and He provided all they needed to accomplish His will.

Moses - all he had was his staff.  God showed him how his staff could be a tool of power, and even brought his brother to him to assist him.

Hannah - all she had was her promise.  God honored it, and her baby boy became the counselor to kings.

Esther - all she had was her natural beauty, but God used it to sway a king.

David - all he had were five smooth stones from a stream and a sling, and God used it to defeat a nine foot enemy.

Joseph and Mary - all they had was a newborn baby, but God sent Magi with gifts to worship him, one of those gifts being gold which I'm sure they needed/used to journey to Nazareth.

Look around you.  What do you have RIGHT NOW that you can use to begin the journey toward your big goal or goals?  God calls US not what we have.  He knew exactly what we didn't have when He nudged our spirit to make a move.

So move.

Get going with whatever stick and four toys you have in your arsenal. You'll be amazed by the wonderful vivid story God can tell with your life if you just trust Him and begin with what you have.

"But Jesus looked at them and said, "With men, this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matt. 19:26




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes I needed to hear this.