For Laughter. For Encouragement. For Inspiration.

For Laughter. For Encouragement. For Inspiration.

06 July 2007

Jacob's shots...cont.

okay, all is well. jacob has not had a reaction to the shots other than dragging his little leg. he is sleeping with us because of course i need to keep a watchful eye over him. i'm still tormented by seeing those long needles rammed into my baby's legs. evidenced by my poem...or maybe not :)...i was a little ticked off.

my mom was with me, and she stated they go fast so as to not prolong the pain, but the last nurse i had went just as quickly, but did it with a little more compassion. i forgot to look at the needles to make sure she was giving him the right thing. i guess she knew what she was doing. he just looked so pitiful. he was okay with the first one, then BAM! BAM! came the other two.
he's a trooper though. he only cried a little bit, and then whimpered. i pressed on his shots, applied ice (as much as he would let me), gave him some apple juice, and he was fine ( my book What your doctor may NOT tell you about vaccines stated it's good to give juice before and after the DTaP shot to maintain sugar levels...or something like that...also, check out the entry on "immunizations" to see how to boost your child's immune system before and after the shots).

i've memorized every inch of his little body, so i'll be keeping a VERY watchful eye over any adverse reactions to these 5 things that have been pumped into my little one (DTaP, HIB, IPV). SIGH! i guess i should go to bed now as i have to get up in a few hours (went early, then woke up and couldn't sleep).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's the beginning of you losing the control you have had over him since conception. . its normal to have these feelings. . in time it gets better and forces you to realize that you have to trust that Jacob has a Father who is able to watch over him more carefully than you. You are on a journey to trust God in ways that you did not have to unless you have children. Again this is only the beginning. . wait till the first day of Kindergarten starts and he is with a teacher who cannot read his expressions like you. . and has 15 other kids to watch. . I am on my 6th experience, but still find myself staying behind just to make sure.

Hanah is in Nashville this weekend at a national prayer and fasting conference to repent and cry out for revival for her generation with 100,000 other youths! Wow! I am so proud of her, but it makes me relize that God has a plan for her so much bigger and greater than I could have imagined. I have the honor of parenting her for a few years, but ultimately God will see that she fulfills her destiny. My job is to cooperate with Holy Spirit and to let go and trust God.

Welcome to Parenthood!