For Laughter. For Encouragement. For Inspiration.

For Laughter. For Encouragement. For Inspiration.

06 November 2013

Life Words: Day 4- "Clearly Seen"

Love

This is my final word...for now.  :)  It is so amazing to me how a small activity can stretch you and give you a greater outlook than what you had before.  Searching for words in their untouched, natural state started off as a fun game with my sons, but became a personal challenge to stretch myself and an opportunity to understand the Lord a little better.

Huh? How did looking for words stretch me and help me understand the Lord better?

Well, I'm glad you asked! :)  It was hard y'all!  Some of the letters took forever!  And, I at times became like the boys with, "We can't find 'E'!!! Mommy! WE DON'T SEE THE LETTERS!!!!!" Then something amazing happened...I prayed.

I took the boys hands and I prayed something like this..."Lord, we're getting frustrated because we can't find letters, but I know they're there.  Lord just as you see the world in a different way, let us see things as you see them.  Guide us to the letters and help us to see your hand as we complete our goal because you know all things. In Jesus's name we pray. Amen."

And, then it happened.  We changed our focus and readjusted our view. God showed me and my sweet little boys how he can take the abstract and bring it into focus.  It was amazing!  Do you see the "S" in "Thanks?" My 4 YO son found that.  How about the "K?" That's two trees. One is actually behind the other, but when I angled my body, the trees came together. Remember the "A" in "Faith?" A random man in the museum watching his son play was standing near a wall, and I saw the letter A between his legs (and he graciously let me photograph him :) )! I had no idea I could be so creative!

God used our activity as a opportunity to teach me and my little sons patience and to see the world in a whole new way.  It was so funny to hear them begin yelling out letters and then numbers they were seeing at the park!

Try this activity with your children or for yourself. You'll be amazed by how you begin to see the abstract world hidden in plain sight!

"For since the creation of the world, God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature-have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse." Romans 1:20






No comments: